“Change is Inevitable. Growth is Optional.”
I once saw a quote that said, “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” and it really stuck with me. In a business as fast-paced as the beef industry, things are always changing and it’s up to you whether or not you’re going to grow with the change.
This is a principle that 605 has really set our sights on.
- When we first opened in 2017, we had one bull barn that could hold 40 bulls.
- In 2018 we built the “south runs” for 10 more bulls.
- Then a year later we added another bull barn to house 40 more bulls.
- The following year we added an embryo center.
- Next, we built a CSS facility to house bulls for international semen exports.
- And finally, we are here today, where we’re building a STgenetics sexed semen lab to be open April 2022.
With each addition, there was a leap of faith that it was going to work out. And with each addition it has only introduced us to some of the best customers in the country who we’re lucky enough to call friends today.
Cory Schrag says, “We’re done building for a long time, but I’ll believe it when I see it.”